Thread: Dallas Infomart

Uptown - McKinney Ave

Dallas Infomart

Does anyone know what's up with the Infomart? There are two massive cranes on two sides of the building and they have installed external construction elevators on the outside. It looks like it's undergoing a massive overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcKee
    Does anyone know what's up with the Infomart? There are two massive cranes on two sides of the building and they have installed external construction elevators on the outside. It looks like it's undergoing a massive overhaul.
    Maybe it has something to do with this list, especially if they are behind schedule.

http://www.infomartusa.com/cap_expenditure.html

Capital Expenditure Projects
    2006-2007 Building Amenity and Capital Expenditure Program (In-Progress)
    Multi-Million Lobby Remodel: One of the most exciting projects to come to the Infomart under the new ownership, we will start the renovation of the entry and lobby of the building to include:
    - Completely resurfaced front driveway with Porte-Cochere Entry
    - Expanded visitor seating area at front of building
    - State-of-the-Art Security Center
    - Expanded Conference Facilities
    - Expanded Retail Facilities
    - New Marketing Center
    - Controlled Entry (Building-Wide) with Security and Concierge Service Desk
    - Repainted Lobby and Atrium
    - Refinished Floors in Lobby and Atrium

$1,800,000 Restroom Renovation Project: Already in progress, over the next two years, each restroom will be completely renovated to meet the most current accessibility standards, upgrade tile and fixtures, and most importantly, add privacy by adding doors and improved entry areas. The first such restroom (2C) will be complete by mid-August 2006.

$400,000 Food Service/Bar Remodel: The Pavilion Food Court and High Tech Bar are both undergoing a major renovation and upgrading. All furniture will be replaced in the Pavilion and there will be new kitchen equipment and many new food services added. In addition to the remodel, DCI Technology Infomart has hired a full-time Executive Chef in order to bring food quality to the highest possible standards.

$350,000 Health Facility: By December, 2006, the Infomart will have a brand-new state-of-the-art work-out room that will feature:
    - Locker Rooms with Shower, Steam Room and Towel Service
    - Treadmills/Cross Trainers With Personal Video Screens
    - Recumbent and One Upright Bike with Personal Video Screens
    - Stretch and Functional Trainers
    - Full Set of Free Weights with Smith Machine and Adjustable Benches
    - Back Extension Machine and Leg Curl/Extension Machine
    The facility will also have a sound and video system and will likely have personal training services.

$250,000 Concrete and Asphalt Replacement Program: Beginning Fall 2006, DCI Technology Infomart will begin a major capital improvement program with respect to the parking lots and concrete areas surrounding the building.

$200,000 Meeting and Conference Room Renovation: Rooms 7001 and 7011 to get a complete facelift including new carpet and paint.

$150,000 Stemmons Lot Resurfacing and Fencing Project: The 200+ parking space lot underneath Stemmons Freeway is being completely resurfaced and fenced in order to provide expanded parking areas and highly secure vehicle storage.

$150,000 Carpet Replacement Program: Continuing the replacement of 1-2 floors yearly.

$50,000 Security Vehicle Replacement Program: We have purchased an additional security auto, and two additional carts in order to expand security patrols and tenant service requests for the parking areas surrounding the building.

Planning is underway on a number of other improvements and upgrades and more information will be available soon. Please keep an eye on the activities boards and our website for more details.

Uptown - McKinney Ave
    As with the Dallas County Forensics building the Infomart is another "What on earth were you possibly thinking when you added that" building. Anyone else noticed that they build a steel building on top of the Infomart? I mean, like a free standing steel building like this:

It's just so odd looking and it stands out so much, every time I see it I think "Did they need warehouse storage on the roof for some reason?"

Skyscraper Member
    Many decision makers in this age are completely ignorant to aesthetics, architecture, art, sustainability, longevity, understanding, philosophy, the meaning of their own actions, and human feelings in general. What are they after? Short term solutions for imagined problems.

They'll retire soon.
    Last edited by incrediculous; 20 September 2009 at 12:30 AM.

$1,800,000 Restroom Renovation Project I gotta go try out them bathrooms!!

I spend my whole day in these buildings. I know where all the good ones are!!! After using highrise restrooms. You'll never go public again!! They are so clean and cozy!

Frank Lloyd Wright Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dallascourier
    $1,800,000 Restroom Renovation Project I gotta go try out them bathrooms!!

I spend my whole day in these buildings. I know where all the good ones are!!! After using highrise restrooms. You'll never go public again!! They are so clean and cozy!
    All faucets, toilets, urinals and dryers are electronically activated. No paper towel receptacles or trash cans. Security card access only to renovated bathrooms. Public restrooms except on top floor (rented meeting rooms) look to be unrenovated. I'd say design roots are more Supermax than Vanity Fair: very functional and easily cleaned.

does anyone know if there are landscaping improvements happening at the cloverleaf intersections of Harry Hines and Oaklawn? there are identification flags planted throughout that seem more like landscape work and not utilities work.

In other news... Plans in London to rebuild the Crystal Palace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-unveiled.html

article-2442468-187E29DD00000578-43_964x528.jpg

Thread Information