DART fares going up again this year; monthly pass would jump $15, daily pass by a buck
By Michael Lindenberger/Reporter
9:18 AM on Tue., Apr. 10, 2012
Here are the highlights in the proposal:
* The cheapest tickets would jump from $1.75 each way to $1.50, and daily passes would go from $4 to $5.
* Monthly passes would jump from $65 to $80.
* The types of fares would be streamlined, as DART wants to do away with the distinction between "local" and "system" fares. The new fares, at the cheapest level, would be good for riding any DART bus or train anywhere in the 13-city service area. TRE trips that don't cross the Tarrant-Dallas county line would also be included.
* Regional passes would continue to cost more, and would entitle riders to take the TRE into Tarrant County or transfer in Carrollton to Denton's A-Train, which travels between Trinity Mills Station and Denton. Those monthly passes would go from $120 to $160 under the proposed change.
Other big changes include the introduction of:
* Two-hour fares. For $2.50, riders will be able to buy a system ticket that will be good for as many trips as they can take within two hours.