Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rangers: Showalter out, Uncertainty in

Supertall Skyscraper Member NThomas's Avatar
    Does anyone realize that not only are the Rangers are first in their division, they're second place in the American League, and tied for third place in the whole MLB. Seems like since they got some pitching, this team will be the next Dallas team to win a playoff game. Go Rangers!

Go Rangers indeed! It's about time.
    This is my first post btw. I couldn't find an "introduce yourself" forum.

Good to be here!

the Newberg Report is reporting that Rudy Jaramillo, the hitting coach, is NOT coming back in 2010.

Don't know how I feel about that. I know our batting average was horrible this year but before this season, everyone was saying he was the best hitting coach in the game. Seems somewhat knee-jerk to me.

the-young-and-the-bright RobertB's Avatar
    I think it was a case of familiarity breeding contempt. I expect him to kick butt wherever he ends up -- hopefully the Cubs, or *anywhere* in the National League. (PLEASE not in the AL West, it's going to be tough enough as it is!)

Count me among those who are satisfied, if not happy, with the Rangers' 2009 season. And "happy" applies to all but that last, dismal month.
    As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals... Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake. - B. Obama 1/20/09

I thought about buying a set of Rangers playoff tickets, just in case. Good thing I didn't, because the league hasn't released the funds back to the team, so the team can't issue the promised refunds to playoff ticket holders. It'll probably be November... if then. Ouch.
    As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals... Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake. - B. Obama 1/20/09

If the Rangers win the Pennant, where would the ticker-tape parade be held, Dallas or Fort Worth?

I saw Buck got picked up by the Orioles. I give him two seasons max.
    Dallas uber alles

Quote Originally Posted by NThomas
    If the Rangers win the Pennant, where would the ticker-tape parade be held, Dallas or Fort Worth?
    Are you really asking a question like this after what happened with the Mavs in '06? I understand your curiousity, but I think all DFW sports fans would appreciate a moratorium on using the word "parade."

^hahahahaha Go Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL2023
    Are you really asking a question like this after what happened with the Mavs in '06? I understand your curiousity, but I think all DFW sports fans would appreciate a moratorium on using the word "parade."
    I figured we have some time before jinxes are in play.

On the topic that originally spawned the thread, it looks like Ron Washington is a pretty good bet to get a contract renewal (and surely a raise) to go along with "Manager of the Year" honors. Pretty impressive, especially when Ryan could have quietly kicked him out last year, or indignantly demanded his resignation in Spring Training, over the "one-time indiscretion" scandal.

Mega-Tall Skyscraper Member AeroD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertB
    On the topic that originally spawned the thread, it looks like Ron Washington is a pretty good bet to get a contract renewal (and surely a raise) to go along with "Manager of the Year" honors. Pretty impressive, especially when Ryan could have quietly kicked him out last year, or indignantly demanded his resignation in Spring Training, over the "one-time indiscretion" scandal.
    "One-time indiscretion" fun is what is fueling the Rangers. God forbid if the League tests the Rangers for something besides steriods.
    Tighten the female dog!

I've watched the Rangers long enough to expect them to blow their lead without the help of any parade jinx.
    Dallas uber alles

Thread Information