Thread: 419 (Nigerian) advance fee fraud scams and related scams

Low-Rise Member

419 (Nigerian) advance fee fraud scams and related scams

Who hates 419 (Nigerian) advance fee fraud scams?

I sure do!

If you see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_scam or http://www.419eater.com/html/419faq.htm, you will learn about an all-too common way that people are tricked into parting with their money.

And some scammers are going on to Ebay and are trying to scam sellers.

http://blog.ravitek.com/?p=15 is an example of an Ebay scam attempt (the seller here was smart and instead sold the phone to a legitimate buyer) - If you know people who are not "street smart" who wish to use Ebay, show them this page.

is gone.
    Actually I'm a huge fan. There's not much I enjoy more.

Have you guys been reading my emails? According to Ms.KIMAEVA LIOUDMILA who represents Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the Executive Governor of Bayelsa State (the oil state), I'm the sole heir to his 20 million estate. I don't know how you found that out. I've cashed in my 401k and sent 10k to an account in Canada to secure the funds, and now I'm selling off my possessions to buy a ticket to Zimbabwe to meet Ms. Lioudmila to collect my bounty. Hopefully I can raise the money soon, since I told my boss to stick it after I got the email.

There was a "People's Court" case where a woman borrowed a few thousand dollars from a family friend because she 'won a contest" and had to pay the taxes/fees on her winnings before receiving it (like 100k). She claimed she didn't realize it was a scam, but obviously did as she decided to go shopping with the borrowed money instead of sending it in for the winnings.

BTW, my favorites are the models from the UK, presently living in Africa that need an apartment (and have very questionable English writing skills). I was in contact with one. I told her the place was in the barn with some horses, and she would have to sleep on hay and shovel horse crap among many other demeaning things. She always replied back saying that it sounds great and she wanted to know where she could send the check to.

Low-Rise Member
    "BTW, my favorites are the models from the UK, presently living in Africa that need an apartment (and have very questionable English writing skills). I was in contact with one. I told her the place was in the barn with some horses, and she would have to sleep on hay and shovel horse crap among many other demeaning things. She always replied back saying that it sounds great and she wanted to know where she could send the check to."

It must have been an automated bot - A lot of them are.

For instance, there was a person claiming to be a Russian bride. I pretended to be a hot Italian supermodel called Parco Folgore (he's really an anime character) - I used photos of David Beckham.

Then I tried to rouse "Olessya" by sending photos of Beckham in his underwear and passing them off as Folgore's. Olessya's response DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicman
    It must have been an automated bot - A lot of them are.

This was was an actual person. We sent around 10 e-mails back and forth. I was trying to drag it on as long as possible. "She" didn't have any problem sleeping with the donkey or any of the other apartment guidelines.

where do I go to check my private messages?

Quote Originally Posted by frankchitown
    Have you guys been reading my emails? According to Ms.KIMAEVA LIOUDMILA who represents Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the Executive Governor of Bayelsa State (the oil state), I'm the sole heir to his 20 million estate. I don't know how you found that out. I've cashed in my 401k and sent 10k to an account in Canada to secure the funds, and now I'm selling off my possessions to buy a ticket to Zimbabwe to meet Ms. Lioudmila to collect my bounty. Hopefully I can raise the money soon, since I told my boss to stick it after I got the email.
    baahahaahaha

the-young-and-the-bright RobertB's Avatar
    I got one from the typical African oilman, needing some assistance moving his million$ to a friendlier venue. The funny thing was, it had a footer from a Russian (.ru) free email service.

But it's hard to top this Slashdot story:
    419 Scammer Gets Scammed
    Posted by michael on Tue Jul 13, '04 12:21 PM
    from the breast-friends dept.
    johnduffell writes
    "There's a lot of awareness of 419 scams at the moment, including a report from the BBC of a baiter who managed to get $80 and a birthday card by courier! He did this by convincing the scammer that he was in the Church of the Painted Breast and there's even a photo of the scammer with his breast painted! Presumably the scammers are hoping that the scammees are as stupid as they are."
    As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals... Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake. - B. Obama 1/20/09

Low-Rise Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertB
    I got one from the typical African oilman, needing some assistance moving his million$ to a friendlier venue. The funny thing was, it had a footer from a Russian (.ru) free email service.

But it's hard to top this Slashdot story:
    419 Scammer Gets Scammed
    Posted by michael on Tue Jul 13, '04 12:21 PM
    from the breast-friends dept.
    johnduffell writes
    "There's a lot of awareness of 419 scams at the moment, including a report from the BBC of a baiter who managed to get $80 and a birthday card by courier! He did this by convincing the scammer that he was in the Church of the Painted Breast and there's even a photo of the scammer with his breast painted! Presumably the scammers are hoping that the scammees are as stupid as they are."
    I love 419 Eater and Ebola Monkey Man! Both of those sites are awesome!

Thread Information