Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robocop Dallas

Before RoboCop celebrates its 25th birthday at Dallas Int'l Film Fest, a look back with Peter Weller and Bobbie Wygant on set in Dallas in 1986
    By Robert Wilonsky
    6:10 PM on Fri., Mar. 23, 2012

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com...rates-its.html

Frank Lloyd Wright Member
    Someone in Detroit is working on a statue a la Rocky Balboa for placement in the city honoring the fictional defender of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by mjblazin View Post
    Someone in Detroit is working on a statue a la Rocky Balboa for placement in the city honoring the fictional defender of justice.
    Link on the statue: http://www.theatlanticcities.com/nei...-detroit/1702/
    The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands. - Robert Persig

Quote Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
    Residents of Dallas/In and around.
    Could any one of you help me figure out the building that appears in the movie Robocop where airlifted Police Officer Murphy's body would be transferred from the chopper to the emergency ward, it happens in the terrace of a building, its still looks futuristic, the unique lighting design in the ceiling of the hallway where the stretcher is pulled along to the operation theater.

Could the hallway be from the same building ?

Also help me figure out the buildings that are shown up in the background in the chopper scene,

Attaching pictures for the above request.. Q1. Is the building shown from terrace identifiable?
    Q2. Is the Hallway identifiable ?
    Q3. Is the building lit completely with fluorescent tubes identifiable in the background. attached pic and marked ?

Skyscraper Member
    I'm pretty sure that the exterior shots are the chopper pad at Baylor Hospital, though it seems a little high and they may have used the upper roof instead. The buildings in the background are downtown Dallas. The original lighting scheme of the old Southland Life Building (now Sheraton) stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the exterior shots are the chopper pad at Baylor Hospital, though it seems a little high and they may have used the upper roof instead. The buildings in the background are downtown Dallas. The original lighting scheme of the old Southland Life Building (now Sheraton) stands out.
    Thank you Lecter, please help me figure out the hallway where the stretcher will be pulled before Murphy is transferred to the bed where they shock him.. Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Attaching the Screen captures through Picasa web link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1176960...394/Robo_Loc#/

Sri
    Last edited by sriramr9; 04 June 2012 at 04:01 AM.

Thread Information