Thread: Free Urbanism/Sustainability Movie Series in Fort Worth's Near Southside

Mid-Rise Member Fort Worthology's Avatar

Free Urbanism/Sustainability Movie Series in Fort Worth's Near Southside

I'll use this thread to list all of the free urbanism & sustainability movie showings I'm helping to put on with Urban Green Build here in Fort Worth. Urban Green Build has been doing this for a little while, and I've started to help out in supplying the viewing material.

Tonight, Thursday, February 18 at 7:00 PM, we're be showing PBS's "Blueprint America: Road to the Future":

"Blueprint America: Road to the Future, an original documentary part of a PBS multi-platform series on the country’s aging and changing infrastructure, goes to three very different American cities — Denver, New York and Portland, and their surrounding suburbs — to look at each as an example of the challenges and possibilities the country faces as citizens, local and federal officials, and planners struggle to manage a growing America with innovative transportation and sustainable land use policies."

Given the news here in town recently about the success of Bike Fort Worth and more, it's become very timely. I'll speak a little bit about the film beforehand and we like to encourage a discussion afterwards.

Stop by Urban Green Build, located at 1244 College Avenue in Fort Worth's Near Southside urban district (in the building at the corner of College & Magnolia, above the police station next to Mamma Mia, second floor, across from The Salon Upstairs) tonight at 7:00 PM for the latest in this ongoing series of urbanism & sustainability films. To get there: Urban Green Build is an easy walk from pretty much anywhere in Magnolia Village and Fairmount. By bike, Magnolia Avenue has dedicated bike lanes and several sharrow’d bike routes feed into it – 6th Avenue, 5th Avenue, Jennings Avenue. Most of the other cross streets are easily bikeable as well. There’s a standard city “lollipop” bike rack in front of the building, on Magnolia in front of the police station. By transit, the #4 bus goes right by on Magnolia, the #1S bus stops at Hemphill & Magnolia just a short walk away, and the #6 bus stops at 8th Avenue & Magnolia for a walk down Magnolia from the west. Parking is available on street and in a small lot next to the building.
    Fort Worthology | Hello Panther
    "I'll probably be some kind of scientist,
    building inventions in my space lab in space."

Videos can also be viewed on the PBS Blueprint America website:
    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/blueprintamerica/

Quote Originally Posted by jsoto3
    Videos can also be viewed on the PBS Blueprint America website:
    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/blueprintamerica/
    Yes, though you don't get the community atmosphere, big screen, group discussion, etc. that you do with us (plus all the tasty Magnolia Avenue restaurants before/after the event).

Frank Lloyd Wright Member
    I assume it would not look right if everyone drove his/her own car to the sustainability movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mjblazin
    I assume it would not look right if everyone drove his/her own car to the sustainability movie.
    Not everybody will be, I can personally guarantee that. Though I'm a little worried we'll overwhelm the one paltry city bike rack out front - though that'll just go to show the need for much more bike parking via the new Bike Fort Worth plan, so maybe we'll just use that as a living example.

Thread Information