Thread: The Colony: Nebraska Furniture Mart

CTroyMathis

The Colony: Nebraska Furniture Mart

The saga continues on and on...

Maharishi project concerns mayor
    She says preliminary plat rushed, sees potential conflict of interest

03/01/2002

By RACHEL HORTON / The Dallas Morning News

The Colony's Planning and Zoning Commission has approved a preliminary plat presented by the Maharishi Global Development Fund, despite concerns expressed by the mayor.

Commissioners recently voted 6-0 to accept the preliminary plat for a mixed-use development along State Highway 121. But officials attached 11 stipulations because some portions did not adhere to city guidelines, said Harry Persaud, the city's director of development services.

The plat also went forward even though the development plan had not been approved, which Mayor Bernetta Henville-Shannon said is unusual. She also expressed concerns about a potential conflict of interest.

The mayor said the proposal is being rushed through the system without all the necessary elements.

"There's a problem in there somewhere, and I'm not sure where the fault is, but it should have never gone through with all these questions," Henville-Shannon said. "Somebody dropped the ball on not adhering to all of our standards."

The proposed 220-acre development includes retail and office complexes, with several restaurants along the Highway 121 frontage.

The plot is a portion of the site that the Maharishi fund once eyed for the world's tallest skyscraper. It is along the southern frontage of Highway 121, east of Plano Parkway.

"We are pleased with the approval from the city of The Colony and are moving forward as rapidly as possible," Dan Wasielewski, the Maharishi fund's project director for Texas, said in a written response.

The site cannot be developed until a final plat outlining how the land will be subdivided is approved by the commission, Mr. Persaud said.

Problems with the preliminary plat included a failure to label the correct amount of right of way for Plano Parkway and a failure to label the plat with the approved zoning, city records show. The item was approved with stipulations that these and other issues would be resolved.

Other stipulations include requiring the developer to increase the size of water lines and describe how proposed detention facilities would meet the city's drainage requirements.

City officials also included informational notes on the plat requesting engineering plans and a traffic study of the area.

The stipulations were prepared by City Attorney Gordon Hikel, whose firm, Denton-based Hayes, Coffey & Berry, also represents the Maharishi fund in other matters.

The mayor said she will request outside counsel at the next council meeting.

"Knowing that the firm represents the Maharishi on other deals, how in the world can we expect to get fair representation when the one who we're talking with is represented by them as well?" Mrs. Henville-Shannon said.

"I have a hard time with even the appearance of conflict of interest. That's not the way we need to be doing business."

Mr. Wasielewski did not answer questions about whether the Maharishi fund is following proper protocol.

Mr. Persaud said city officials discussed retaining outside counsel about the preliminary plat, but that outside counsel was not ultimately used.

Mr. Hikel did not return a phone call requesting comment.

Recently, Mr. Hikel asked to step down from another city matter involving land owned by the Maharishi fund, citing the appearance of conflict of interest because his law firm represents the Maharishi fund in the state's effort to condemn the land along Highway 121.

Mr. Persaud would not answer directly who made the decision not to seek outside counsel for the preliminary plat, or why.

"There were some gray areas [in the plat] that required legal advice," Mr. Persaud said.

"As the planning director, I sought legal advice. That advice was provided and it was important that the city followed that advice."

The state is suing the fund to acquire part of the land in order to make Highway 121 a freeway between Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas' northern suburbs.

Mr. Hikel's firm also represents real estate consultant Don Blackwood, who represents the Maharishi fund in the current project. Mr. Blackwood did not return a call requesting comment.

The Maharishi fund obtained purchase rights to the land by paying more than $3 million to Mr. Blackwood and two business partners.

One of the partners was Dr. Bill Manning, who was The Colony's mayor at the time and had offered the fund possible city tax breaks.

That matter is under investigation by the FBI.

Dr. Manning has denied any wrongdoing.

The Colony, Supertall Skyscraper, & the FBI

The Colony secretary has seen city grow
    Job working for police chief turned into 23-year career at center of activity

12/29/2002

By RACHEL HORTON / The Dallas Morning News

The Colony was 2 years old when a young singer who once dreamed of a career in showbiz took a job as secretary to the police chief.

Twenty-three years later, City Secretary Patti Hicks has been at center stage in The Colony as long as most residents can remember.

She's risen from police chief secretary to city secretary and has been interim city manager four times. She also recently was elected president of the Texas Municipal Clerks Association, an 800-member organization of city clerks and secretaries that provides educational and professional development.

When she started "she was working in a pre-fab building and the City Hall was in a house, and the city secretary's office was in one of the bedrooms," said longtime friend and co-worker Ruthann Devlin.

"We've come a long way."

Seven mayors have taken office during Mrs. Hicks' tenure, and the city's population has grown from about 10,000 to 31,000. When she took the secretarial job for the police chief in 1979, Mrs. Hicks said, she had no idea it would turn into a career spanning more than two decades.

"I didn't get out of school and say, 'When I grow up, I want to be a city secretary,' " said Mrs. Hicks, 56. "It was a job I sort of grew into by virtue of being here at the city at the right time."

In addition to running elections, preparing agendas and keeping the minutes from City Council meetings, the city secretary's office maintains the history of the city, signs off on all legal documents and handles all open records requests, Mrs. Hicks said.

As a young woman, Mrs. Hicks wanted to become a singer.

Growing up in Allen, she performed at rodeos, football games, weddings, funerals and parties.

"At one time when I was much younger, I thought, 'Oh gosh, this is what I really want to do,' " she said. "But that's really not the life I want. If you have a family, the family has to come first."

Mrs. Hicks, who now lives in The Colony, became city secretary in 1985. She is married to Denton County Deputy Constable Ira Hicks. The couple has five grown children and 10 grandchildren.

"When you work for a city and you live in that city, it becomes much more than a job. Everything you do revolves around the city," Mrs. Hicks said. "All of my children have worked for the city, whether it was a summer job lifeguarding or just doing some odd job for the Parks Department."

Mrs. Hicks' long tenure and experience have given her the opportunity to run the city more than once. She was interim city manager in 1994, 1996, 1997 and again for a 10-month stint in 2000.

"Her whole career has been devoted to this city, and that doesn't mean that you work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday," said Maggie Burkett, The Colony's human resources director and a longtime friend.

"She works a lot of hours. It doesn't matter if it's a parade or a Christmas tree lighting for a Veteran's Day event, whatever, she's there."

Some tough times

Mrs. Hicks has, at times, found herself in the midst of divisive city politics. The growing city has had its share of controversy in recent years, including an FBI investigation into corruption in Denton County that named a former mayor as one of its subjects. Dr. Bill Manning, the former mayor, is a longtime friend of Mrs. Hicks.

Dr. Manning and real estate consultant Don Blackwood sold land purchase rights in 2000 to the Maharishi Global Development Fund, which proposed to build the world's tallest skyscraper in The Colony along State Highway 121. Dr. Manning offered the fund possible tax breaks for building on it.

When plans for the skyscraper were scrapped, the FBI began investigating Dr. Manning's role in the land deal. The city's law firm determined that Dr. Manning had no conflict of interest.

Dr. Manning has denied any wrongdoing. "That was a difficult time for the city, because it just gave us a bad reputation," Mrs. Hicks said. "I know all of these people personally and I count them as friends. Personally, it was not easy because I saw some people that I care about going through a hard time."

Mrs. Hicks, who reports directly to the City Council, said it has been important for her to keep a separation between her personal life and her career.

"My political views, I keep to myself, and I encourage my employees to do the same, because we are in a very sensitive position," she said.

After her most recent stint as city manager, Mrs. Hicks continued to run several city departments until the hiring of Assistant City Manager Tony Johnston. It has only been in recent months that she has been able to focus her energies entirely on the duties of a city secretary, she said.

One outcropping of that newfound focus is a plan to switch to paperless council agendas in the near future, Mrs. Hicks said. Council members would receive agenda packets on CD.

"That will save us an enormous amount of time, and paper," she said.

To outsiders, the office of city secretary can appear as little more than keeping records and helping prepare for council meetings, said Mrs. Devlin, who began working as deputy city secretary in 1996.

"When I started here, I didn't have a clue," she said. "It involves so much. You have to know a little bit about a lot of things."

Doing things right

Mrs. Hicks says she is a good fit for the job because she is detail-oriented and organized.

"I'm very conscientious about things being right," she said.

Though some tasks are mundane, the people who come to the office for information provide variety, she said.

"You never know exactly what question will be asked," Mrs. Hicks said. "It's kind of like we're the hub, and if you want information, that's where you go."

Because of the many challenges of the job, Mrs. Hicks is a strong advocate of continuing education for municipal clerks, she said. In the coming year, she plans to travel the state and encourage city clerks who have not earned certification from the Texas Municipal Clerks Association to take the steps necessary to become certified.

The association's certification program is a three-year process consisting of several university equivalency courses and seminars.

Friends of Mrs. Hicks say her outgoing personality makes her a good fit to speak publicly about her job.

"She's very vivacious and outgoing," said Marty Hendrix, Lewisville city secretary and a friend of Mrs. Hicks.

Over the years, Mrs. Hicks has maintained her interest in singing. She is a member of her church choir and still performs at weddings and other events, she said.

"She's a wonderful singer," Ms. Hendrix said. "We often put her on the spot to sing in public places, like restaurants or karaoke bars. We often embarrass her that way, and she willingly goes along with it."

Mrs. Hicks and her husband of 16 years have purchased a Victorian home in Honey Grove and are working to refurbish it for retirement.

When the couple will actually retire and move into the home remains to be seen, Mrs. Hicks said.

"I'm here until they run me out," she said. "I feel like I've made a difference in The Colony, and that's why I enjoy it and keep doing it."

Sophisticated Boom-Boom US75Guy's Avatar
    Theme Park Proposed For The Colony
    By J.D. Miles and Kent Chapline, CBSDFW.COM

THE COLONY (CBSDFW.COM) - A theme park in The Colony? It could happen.

The city council agenda for Tuesday night’s meeting lists a proposal for a “1.5 billion dollar” development for “a theme park, hotel, convention center, stores, concessions, restaurants and park facilities.” The park development would sit on 400 acres along Texas 121. It would supposedly create tens of thousands of jobs while bringing eight million tourists to The Colony annually.

City officials won’t name the developer. But Denton Central Appraisal District records show much of the land in question is owned by a transcendental spiritual group that once promised to build the world’s tallest building there. Years ago, the Maharishi Global Development Fund wanted to build a 1,600 foot tower on the land. That skyscraper project never happened, and neither did a separate mixed-use development the group later proposed for the same location. The land is empty now.

I don't remember, did The Colony ever join DCTA?

In lieu of beaches and mountains, North Texas gets theme parks.

Supertall Skyscraper Member NThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamtagon View Post
    I don't remember, did The Colony ever join DCTA?

In lieu of beaches and mountains, North Texas gets theme parks.
    No, only Denton, Highland Village, and Lewisville are members. The Corinth City Council voted down a measure to hold a second election for membership after the current route, passing through Corinth, was selected over the KCS route.

Supertall Skyscraper Member
    The idea that this would bring 8 million tourists to The Colony is just goofy! The only company with the ability to do that would be Disney. A quick search of Six Flags attendance numbers shows they had 24 million annual visitors at all 19 of it's parks (roughly 1.25 million for each park). It would have to be pretty spectacular to draw those numbers!

When Disney finally builds a park in Texas, it better be in/around San Antonio.

Maybe it's the Dino Park struggling to take root outside of Houston. Or, yea, it's about time for Disney rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by US75Guy View Post
    Theme Park Proposed For The Colony
    By J.D. Miles and Kent Chapline, CBSDFW.COM
    +1 for the bump of this thread... 8 years after the most recent post. That's awesome.

Sophisticated Boom-Boom US75Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers100 View Post
    +1 for the bump of this thread... 8 years after the most recent post. That's awesome.
    Thanks, I noticed that too.....pretty cool, right??

http://www.wfaa.com/news/business/Th...133507983.html

THE COLONY — A furniture superstore that got its start in the basement of a thrift shop could be the key to a new billion dollar development in North Texas.

News 8 has learned that Nebraska Furniture Mart plans to build a new store in The Colony.

It would be the first Texas location for a chain that features stores even bigger than Ikea's massive retail outlet in neighboring Frisco.

Yeah!!! Finally The Colony is getting something built there...an exciting.....

Drum-roll

Nebraska Furniture Store?

Once again, let's thank The Colony for blue-balling us...I feel like Ralphie in The Christmas Story trying to figure out Orphan Annie's secret code.

A crummy furniture store? Son of a bitch!!!
    "...Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."

Mega-Tall Skyscraper Member AeroD's Avatar
    Is theTheme Park this furniture store? The furniture store is claiming it will draw 8 million visitors annually.

This place already sounds exhausting.
    Tighten the female dog!

I feel so duped.... an amusement park, really? That's the "News" gleaned from The Colony's municipal documents?

So, like, in the world of North Texas media outlets, is CBSDFW.com the equivalent to the Queen Gossip of the office rumor mill? News-Entertainment presented like that just to get attention pisses me off.

As easy as it is to complain about the Dallas Morning News, in comparison to crap like that from CBSDFW.com, North Texas is lucky.

Long-Time Lurker
    Developers think the location along Highway 121 could lead to a theme park, a hotel, and a convention center.
    This quote from the WFAA story and the announcement of Nebraska Furniture Mart make me think they could be picturing something similar to the Village West/Legends/Kansas Speedway area in Kansas City, Kansas. That locale has open-air outlet shopping and scores of chain restaurants, a Cabela's, a Great Wolf Lodge, and yes, a Nebraska Furniture Mart. Not a destination I would get excited about, but it's been very popular with a lot of people and a huge boost for KCK and Wyandotte County.

Map

Info

Skyscraper Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeMike View Post
    This quote from the WFAA story and the announcement of Nebraska Furniture Mart make me think they could be picturing something similar to the Village West/Legends/Kansas Speedway area in Kansas City, Kansas. That locale has open-air outlet shopping and scores of chain restaurants, a Cabela's, a Great Wolf Lodge, and yes, a Nebraska Furniture Mart. Not a destination I would get excited about, but it's been very popular with a lot of people and a huge boost for KCK and Wyandotte County.
    If the Wikipedia page is correct, that development's been there since 2002. I'd argue/hope the market for another Legacy Towne Center/Firewheel-type of suburban shopping "destination" has waned since then.

I can't quite figure out the competitors of this Nebraska Furniture... it's, like, uh, everybody. Other than going to see the place as a spectacle, I just don't like shopping in gi-normous places.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...xas-store..ece

By STEVE BROWN
    29 February 2012

Nebraska Furniture Mart said Wednesday that it has hired Turner Construction Co. to build its planned 1.9 million-square-foot retail and distribution complex in the Colony.

Just Changing Planes aygriffith's Avatar
    They'll give Fry's a run for its money on large consumer electronics. They often have the deep discounts on stuff that you only see at places like Fry's and Brandsmart. And they like to haggle.

The Colony Strip shopping center at Josey and 121

This strip is a few years old about half of it wasn't built when we moved out to carrollton. Looks like they are adding buildings on the site again one appears to be a restaurant and the other is small strip mall that will hold several tenants.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A Dairy Queen

High-Rise Member ChampionDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream2112 View Post
    A Dairy Queen
    Are you serious or kidding? North Dallas could really use a few of these scattered around.

I remember seeing a sign that a A Dairy Queen was coming soon.

For those of you who haven't heard, Nebraska Furniture is construction a 1.8Msqft retail and distribution center in The Colony.
    The warehouse, showroom, and regional corporate office space will be 1.2Msqft, 546,000sqft, and 25,000sqft respectively.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/consumer/Co...171195181.html

Watch out IKEA???
    Last edited by ChampionDallas; 25 September 2012 at 06:39 PM.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/r...the-colony.ece

By MARIA HALKIAS
    25 September 2012

opens in 2015 ... 560,000-square-foot Nebraska Furniture Mart ... attached warehouse with more than 1.3 million square feet of space. 433-acre site in The Colony has room for dozens more stores, restaurants and entertainment spots,...The Mart will anchor the $1.5 billion project.

When Nebraska Furniture Mart’s Kansas City store was announced in early 2001, the site was surrounded by corn fields and the NASCAR Kansas Speedway was under construction nearby. “We opened in August 2003, and now there’s a casino, a minor league baseball stadium, a soccer stadium, Cabela’s, and 100 stores and restaurants,” Batt said.
    This store will be bigger than the mall in the town where I graduated high school.

Sdorn,

There are actually three restaurants going in there. A Del Taco(about to open) and a Dairy Queen and Schlotsky's(under construction).

yum... Schlotsky's

Yep I just saw the del taco I drive by it on the way to the best buy to buy some ink I need to grab a new pic Thank you reinman for the update.

getting Pix of the nebraska furniture mart construction is going be a challenge

here is a shot of the nebraska furniture mart construction I took after pulled over for a minute. There well be a hotel here too.

This was driving slow.

These were shot tuesday Nov 7, 2012

All that open space
    filled up in just a decade
    this is God's country

Yep It will be a bunch of retail ad hotel space I will miss the peace of this drive to frisco. It will be a packed one the service road one in about a year or two.

The have broken a bunch of ground

I finally got out to see what all the fuss was about. Man have they broken a bunch of ground at the Nebraska Furniture Mart site.

Here is a teaser.

IMG_1872 by RCdave, on Flickr

The better pictures are showcased on my blog, and all of the photos can be seen on Flickr.
    Flickr

"If I know one thing, Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffett

For anyone who does not know where this is, I was flying from here. You can zoom out to see the area.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=The+C...on,+Texas&z=20
    Last edited by RCdave; 06 January 2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: duplicate
    Flickr

"If I know one thing, Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffett

^It's not much of one in reality, but I call that the Plano skyline (between the middle and left water towers).

http://www.grandscape.com/

Not really the kind of store I usually like to shop in, but this place sounds pretty amazing!
    The mediator between the head and the hands must be the heart.

Looks like there are some interesting roadways (and highway intersections) planned for circulation. As more of this land is developed consideration should be given to the future Frisco-Carrollton commuter rail line that runs adjacent to this site.

Metropolist-in-the-making jrd1964's Avatar
    Shouldn't the description be "Plano Parkway at 121"? It may be big when it's finally done, but the map doesn't show Josey bordering the project.

I predict wrecks or at least confusion over that diverging diamond they have drawn up for the connecting bridge to S. Colony Blvd.

Guess someone will ask what that is....
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...erchange_N.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergi...nd_interchange
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5JtZMPTNAY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6UOZD2QGU

This development is nuts, in high school we used to go to the old haunted house on the other side of Josey (I think it burned down) and then go drink in this field. Yes, we got a good education at the Colony High School back then.

Please Drive Normally. Random Traffic Guy's Avatar
    Only 800k retaill, so with the 540k NFM it will be the same as a midsize mall. 8th or 9th place in DFW. I thought it would be bigger. This isn't no-competition Nebraska, it's the retail capital of the freaking world (per capita), bring your A game.

Stop the insanity
    stoptheinsanity.jpg

Isn't it about time cities stop handing out ginormous amounts welfare to ginormous companies with ginormous profits to operate in their town?

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...evelopment.ece

By MATTHEW WATKINS
    02 March 2013

The total development, called Grandscape, will cost about $1.5 billion ... scheduled to open by the end of 2015, will be along The Colony’s eastern border between Plano Parkway and Spring Creek Parkway. Its showroom and warehouse will be more than 1.8 million square feet — about six times the size of Frisco’s Ikea.

The city will spend about $291 million on roads, utilities upgrades and an on-site parking garage, documents show. And it will pay Nebraska Furniture Mart up to $261 million to offset some of the store’s building expenses. The city and the furniture store are also hoping to lure a second “super retail store” to the site and The Colony has promised that it will spend up to $250 million on that facility if they are successful ... the city will fund the project with a common economic development tool called a Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone ...

And, given that the chain is owned by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway, there is little concern about the risk.
    The city is going to build a parking garage for the chain owned by Berkshire Hathaway and the city is going to pay up to $250 million for the facility, and wait up to 40 years before the city can make any money on the investment. What a deal for the Nebraska Furniture Mart, it'll probably only take a few years before the place is paid for.

Nebraska Furniture Mart has promised to create enough work for 850 full-time jobs, documents show. (The number of employees will actually be around 2,000, but many of them will be part time.) If it fails, it must pay back $5,000 for each job that it doesn’t create.
    So, if the NE Furniture mart only creates 849 full-time jobs, it'll owe The Colony $5,000.

Frank Lloyd Wright Member
    I never understood in TX why the county is not more upfront on these deals. They are the real winners. Counties almost never provide tax easement and collect a lot more on sales tax than will the city. Every time Dallas City does something stupid like laying out cold cash for some business, the county court says Go for it Baby as they collect 3 or 4 cents on every retail dollar while the city gives away its penny. This project is a gold mine for Denton County government.

Skyscraper Member
    Stop the insanity
    stoptheinsanity.jpg

Isn't it about time cities stop handing out ginormous amounts welfare to ginormous companies with ginormous profits to operate in their town?
    Does your new-found parsimony also apply to cities handing out ginormous amounts [of] welfare to refurbish buildings, develop office buildings, develop apartments, add retail, etc etc. in downtown areas?
    It is tiresome and rude when people insist on injecting truculent political expressions in what should be apolitical settings.

^I'm all in favor of historic preservation and environmental abatement.

Skyscraper Member
    ^I'm all in favor of historic preservation and environmental abatement.
    Ahhh, so it's not the handing out of ginormous amounts of money to companies to which you object; it's just that you don't agree with the choice of projects/companies.

In any event, what about ginormous amounts handed out for new structures in downtowns where environmental abatement is not in play?
    Last edited by Tucy; 03 March 2013 at 06:45 PM.
    It is tiresome and rude when people insist on injecting truculent political expressions in what should be apolitical settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucy View Post
    Ahhh, so it's not the handing out of ginormous amounts of money to companies to which you object; it's just that you don't agree with the choice of projects/companies.

In any event, what about ginormous amounts handed out for new structures in downtowns where environmental abatement is not in play?
    It's a case by case situation, of course, and if I have an opinion about a downtown project granted municipal financial aid, surely I've droned on and on about it in the appropriate thread.

In this case, I agree with those experts who say The Colony has really gone overboard. Stonebriar Mall in Frisco is a little smaller than this place is proposed to be when finished, but quick, incomplete googling indicates the entire cost of everything to get that mall built is no where close to $1.5 Billion. The expansion of NorthPark cost ~$250 million (I think....)

For $1.5 Billion (up to $800 million from The Colony) this ought'a be quite a place! I hope the design of the massive store(s) takes into account the structure may need to be repuprosed in the future. How long will people want to shop for furniture in a mega-box environment?

Frank Lloyd Wright Member
    If anything, furniture would seem ideal for mega mega box, maybe even giga box if such a thing existed, environment. Furniture is one of the last of the mass market high margin businesses. People want to touch the furniture they bring into their homes and they like variety. If you can move more product, then you can slightly cut the margin reaping more customers and make more money. Additionally, since very few people buy furniture more than once a year, driving to East Jesus to get a better deal is not the same as driving 20 miles for a salad. When I lived in Baltimore, people would drive to NC to buy furniture for great deals. I always wondered why Mexican furniture manufacturers did not figure a way to exploit the combo of likely excellent craftsmen, low costs, and proximity to wealthy and growing market.

I do not know how it would work for The Colony finances, but that complex fits very well with the economics of early 21st century.

Skyscraper Member
    It's a case by case situation, of course, and if I have an opinion about a downtown project granted municipal financial aid, surely I've droned on and on about it in the appropriate thread.
    That's kinda the point. There have been many projects in and around downtown Dallas that have been recipients of ginormous amounts of "welfare". I don't recall seeing you raise any objection to any of them. Perhaps I missed it.

Mile-High Skyscraper Member rantanamo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucy View Post
    That's kinda the point. There have been many projects in and around downtown Dallas that have been recipients of ginormous amounts of "welfare". I don't recall seeing you raise any objection to any of them. Perhaps I missed it.
    Are you going to throw your hat in too?

A little history behind the site:

Denton County land intended for Warren Buffett firm’s furniture megastore has a history of controversy
    By Reese Dunklin
    8:51 am on March 7, 2013
    http://watchdogblog.dallasnews.com/2...troversy.html/

Concrete panels have been raised.

Thread Information