Thread: Knox-Henderson / Restoration Hardware Hotel

Knox-Henderson / Restoration Hardware Hotel

ok, so this has not been released to the public- but a very large swing will be happening soon on Knox-Henderson. from someone who works at the store- the company has bought several parcels of land on Henderson that will be razed and developed as a hotel/mixed use/Restoration Hardware Gallery store. This will be a multi-story store with a rooftop terrace. The parcels will sadly include several respected and well known restaurants that hopefully will resurface elsewhere. This from a VERY reliable source who's part of the company. The size and scope of the project, other tenants and hotel flag I know nothing about. The time frame will be about 18 to 24 months. It represents quite a shift and major deal changer for the East side of 75. Also, Basset Furniture will be moving onto the Knox/McKinney corner as well as I.O. Metro which shuttered an Alpha Rd. location.

If I learn about anything else, I will add to this post.

Supertall Skyscraper Member
    Pretty cool info... I guess we'll have to wait and see if this plays out- but if anyone has seen the new Restoration Hardware at Willow Bend Mall it's quite impressive (also 2 stories)!!

Hotel, mixed-use etc..that would seem to take more land than the former single-family home lots going down Henderson...

it could...hopefully we get to hear a press release with renderings soon.

Have the nimby brokers still managed to keep building heights maxed out at ~4 stories?

Mid-Rise Member
    I'm sure Andres is cashing out on what they've been holding onto but I can't imagine a hotel fits in the area. I can see maybe some of restaurants/bars getting moved out by this if true but there will still be a majority of what is still on Henderson remain.

Low-Rise Member
    What's the source for this (an article, or a conversation you had)? I've heard about the concept, but on a Henderson location...

^ this hotel/Restoration Hardware story has been previously reported in this thread:http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/sh...ation+hardware. please use the search feature to ensure there are not duplicates of the same topic. my source is one of the top store personnel at the Resto store on Knox.

threads merged

Quote Originally Posted by Ersatz View Post
    Dallas has been chosen for the launch of a new concept Restoration Hardware superstore combined with a new luxury concept boutique hotel creation by former CEO and largest shareholder, Gary Friedman.

Upon his resignation after a sex scandal with a company employee just a few months ago, the company said Mr. Friedman, who is the company’s largest individual shareholder, would be starting a new “incubator” company with ties to Restoration Hardware. It said he would be the nonexecutive chairman emeritus and continue in an “exclusive advisory role, serving as creator and curator for Restoration Hardware with a focus on strategy, creative, and design direction.”

The statement also said that Mr. Friedman’s new business “will be created to develop new lines of business, including apparel, accessories, footwear and jewelry, many of which will be complementary to the company’s new product development strategy.”

The new store and the first of what is to be a new chain of high end hotels featuring the design talents of Gary Friedman, utilizing entire product lines from Restoration Hardware in a new and real world way. The rumored location will be on a combination triangle lot framed by Fitzhugh Avenue, Bennett Avenue and Mission Street with a possible annexation of a small section of Homer Street.
    Guess that "Obama economy" ain't doing so bad, huh?

If this is true, sure seems like an odd location for the launch of a new high profile concept. If they really want to make a splash- taking one of the vacant parcels in West Village seems like a better option. That area could use a hotel!

Skyscraper Member ChampionDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smudoode View Post
    Guess that "Obama economy" ain't doing so bad, huh?
    You are too funny.

-
    Interesting news on the location of Fitz... I heard it was on Henderson closer to Capitol.

Or now that I think about it, this would be pretty sweet in the design district!

This part of town is in desperate need of a nice hotel. At first, it's kinda hard to think of Old East Dallas as a place with with some nice 'boutique' hotel options, but the more I think about it, the more difficult it becomes to think Old East Dallas does not have ANY nice boutique or interesting or kitchy or cool or trendy-trucker-hat-hipster friendly accommodations. It may be safe to say East Dallas is on the verge of being converted back to a really nice residential extension of the Central Business District. Hum.....

Quote Originally Posted by tamtagon View Post
    This part of town is in desperate need of a nice hotel. At first, it's kinda hard to think of Old East Dallas as a place with with some nice 'boutique' hotel options, but the more I think about it, the more difficult it becomes to think Old East Dallas does not have ANY nice boutique or interesting or kitchy or cool or trendy-trucker-hat-hipster friendly accommodations. It may be safe to say East Dallas is on the verge of being converted back to a really nice residential extension of the Central Business District. Hum.....
    I think it unfair to call Old East Dallas a "residenial extension of the CBD" as it has it's own history and a culture of it's own. East Dallas used to be the nicest part of the city ( 1900-1940's ). I think the turnaround occurred closer to 2005 when the Andres Brothers began their renovations to Henderson Ave. East Dallas is the next Oak Lawn !

^Sweet!

East Dallas needs about a hundred building similarly scaled.

Skyscraper Member ChampionDallas's Avatar
    Nice find. That is gorgeous.

Reminds me of the Wilson Building downtown. When are they supposed to announce this?

Mile-High Skyscraper Member rantanamo's Avatar
    wow, now that hits the urban spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersatz View Post
    Is this a picture of what the building could look like or what it will look like?

We sure don't want to jump the gun...http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/sh...-)(Unannounced)

A little love from Steve Brown...

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...nox-street.ece

-
    ^Is this development on Henderson or Knox? Per Steve Brown it appears to be on Knox and Cole.

Low-Rise Member
    The article references a project on Knox St, and the changes to that neighborhood over the years. It really doesn't belong in this thread.

It could be that the picture, one of three in a late design study, is for the Knox-to-Cole redevelopment plan.... or maybe Steve Brown linked to this thread not totally aware the topic is a Restoration Hardware superstore and Hotel....

Mile-High Skyscraper Member rantanamo's Avatar
    I don't see what's so weird about this. He names a company and the exact lots. And it happens to be where Restoration Hardware is. The idea that it would be on Henderson is mentioned as only rumor on this very thread.

The new store and the first of what is to be a new chain of high end hotels featuring the design talents of Gary Friedman, utilizing entire product lines from Restoration Hardware in a new and real world way. The rumored location will be on a combination triangle lot framed by Fitzhugh Avenue, Bennett Avenue and Mission Street with a possible annexation of a small section of Homer Street.

Quote Originally Posted by sheilock View Post
    The article references a project on Knox St, and the changes to that neighborhood over the years. It really doesn't belong in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
    ... The idea that it would be on Henderson is mentioned as only rumor on this very thread.
    Ya, the title of the thread is misleading. The DMN article mentioned a stretch of Cole that's been rumored off & on for years to get a complete tear-down and redo, there's already a Restoration Hardware right there...

what's up with that?

Skyscraper Member
    Anyone know what became of the Restoration Hardware Gallery store/hotel project? Was it ever real? Is it going to happen?
    Last edited by Tucy; 29 April 2013 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucy View Post
    Anyone know what became of the Restoration Hardware Gallery store/hotel project? Was it ever real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Brown
    So far Saroim and the property firms that work with it aren’t talking about their plans. But some supposed “spy” photos of development schemes for the project which have made it onto the Webshow buildings that would look at home on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue or fronting on Union Square in San Francisco.
    wistful

Probably a concept and little more, maybe one day, though, Restoration Hardware will be a hotel brand as well as retail store...
    The mediator between the head and the hands must be the heart.

Thread Information