Thread: Sociological Study on Lakewood

Mile-High Skyscraper Member rantanamo's Avatar

Sociological Study on Lakewood

With the permission of the moderators, I thought I might try this here;

I am conducting a qualitative study based on the Lakewood and East Dallas area. More specifically, I am looking for men or women who live in that area and have children that either attend DISD schools that feed into Woodrow Wilson or attend Woodrow Wilson. This could include elementary schools that feed into J.L. Long, J.L. Long itself as well as Woodrow Wilson. I would like parents, who have the option financially to send their children to private schools, who have had the opportunity at some point and may not be able to anymore. Even those who live in the area and may not have children of school age yet, but will in the near future. I would even like those who are seriously considering moving to this attendance zone and have children. So for now, I'm looking for the perspective of those with school mobililty. I will need to interview the participant, rather in person, by phone or online. If in person or on the phone, I will record the interview with a micro voice recorder. Any interview would be confidential and I have a form to that effect or an informed consent. If anyone is interested or knows anyone that might be a good interview, just shoot me a Private Message or email me at rantanamo@gmail.com

rantanaMaster!

Mile-High Skyscraper Member rantanamo's Avatar
    anyone that may be able to help, or knows someone, please direct them to rantanamo@gmail.com. I am still taking interviews for the next week and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
    With the permission of the moderators, I thought I might try this here;

I am conducting a qualitative study based on the Lakewood and East Dallas area. More specifically, I am looking for men or women who live in that area and have children that either attend DISD schools that feed into Woodrow Wilson or attend Woodrow Wilson. This could include elementary schools that feed into J.L. Long, J.L. Long itself as well as Woodrow Wilson. I would like parents, who have the option financially to send their children to private schools, who have had the opportunity at some point and may not be able to anymore. Even those who live in the area and may not have children of school age yet, but will in the near future. I would even like those who are seriously considering moving to this attendance zone and have children. So for now, I'm looking for the perspective of those with school mobililty. I will need to interview the participant, rather in person, by phone or online. If in person or on the phone, I will record the interview with a micro voice recorder. Any interview would be confidential and I have a form to that effect or an informed consent. If anyone is interested or knows anyone that might be a good interview, just shoot me a Private Message or email me at rantanamo@gmail.com
    I'd love to know what you find.

I have a co-worker who a few years ago did a study of key metrics (state test scores, 4-year college acceptance rates, etc.) from DISD and some suburban high schools in the area, looking at only the children of white, educated parents. The numbers for such kids at Woodrow were basically identical to those at Highland Park.

How's it going?
    The mediator between the head and the hands must be the heart.

Thread Information