Thread: Tornado Break Out: DFW 2012

Tornado Break Out: DFW 2012

So, These Tornado's did a crap load of damage, but so far, no one was killed, no one was hurt. I do believe we were lucky they hit around 1:30 because not allot of people were home at the time. Thank God for that. Looking at the videos of the destruction, I am amazed at what these things can do.

On another note. The difference between Texas after tornado's and the state from last year that got hit during all those outbreaks...
    1. When we hear warnings, we take cover or watch it and stay out of the way.
    2. We dont sit around and cry and complain about the damage, we get to work fixing it.
    3. CNN doesnt send Anderson Cooper to video us cleaning up.

Basically, the Country is used to hearing about Tornado's hit Texas.

If you have videos of the storm or pictures, I would love to see them. (I'm one of the ones who was out watching it.....It's a West Texas thing)
    Cider is an amazing addition to the bars of America but it gives me the worst hangovers......

Mile-High Skyscraper Member rantanamo's Avatar
    Sorry, but these were nothing like those that hit Alabama and Missouri last year. Those were bigger, had stronger winds and stayed on the ground for long periods of time. God or Galactus or whatever you believe in, you'd better hope nothing like Alabama's outbreak ever hits the metroplex. This is a much more densely populated and simply populated area. There would have been thousands of deaths and billions in damage.

Skyscraper Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
    Sorry, but these were nothing like those that hit Alabama and Missouri last year. Those were bigger, had stronger winds and stayed on the ground for long periods of time. God or Galactus or whatever you believe in, you'd better hope nothing like Alabama's outbreak ever hits the metroplex. This is a much more densely populated and simply populated area. There would have been thousands of deaths and billions in damage.
    Exactly. If those kind of twisters ever whallopped North Texas the impact would be as unspeakable--and lasting--as Katrina's.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims, of course. But we should all count our blessings that it was "only" as bad as it was.

Thread Information