Thread: Roomstore pulling out of Texas

Urban/Street photographer SDORN's Avatar

Roomstore pulling out of Texas

Roomstore is closing it 10 texas locations. 4265 Lbj Freeway, , 4720 Cooper Street Arlington, 3530 Grapevine Mills Blvd Grapevine 1701 Brinker road Denton, 2985 Highway 360 Grand Prairie 3777 Childress ave Mesquite 8700 Preston road Plano 4501 s General Bruce Drive Temple, 5400 Franklin Ave Waco.

For all the D/FW locations this might be a good idea to whip out the camera and take some pix of these building before the signs come down. I will get what I can and post to my flickr page. I challenge others to do likewise.

Look forward to seeing what you all get

Scott

BTW there was an article in today DMN about this. That was my source

Metropolist-in-the-making jrd1964's Avatar
    I read in another city's paper/blog/something a while back that RoomStore had been in the dumps revenue-wise and that they were going to try to salvage their TX locations even if they had to lose the ones in the other states they've been in. I guess the reality has hit the fan for them.

I can't say I'm too surprised. Any time there's a recession/slump in the economy that includes lower housing activity (building new and/or sales of existing), one of the first things to be affected is furniture stores and their sales figures. And we certainly have had our choice of furniture stores, local and chain, around here. I guess it would be difficult to maintain the amount of furniture retail here if the housing activity doesn't support it.

Thread Information