Thread: Forest Vanishing Off 35 / Beckley

Hybrid View

Low-Rise Member

Forest Vanishing Off 35 / Beckley

I live in Beckley Club Estates in Oak Cliff off 35/Beckley. I noticed yesterday there was a car parked in the field on Beckley that has the solar powered cell on it for warning lights in case of flooding on the road from the creek and there were 2 men chopping out the brush with machetes and a chainsaw. My concern was I thought it was city property. Come to find out the area was zoned residential and is a major forest buffer to traffic on 35 to the surrounding area. There are about 3 acres of trees in this area that are being chopped down for what we believe may be another used car lot and some of these trees have to be over 80 years old. From my past research the neighborhood is zoned residential from the DART tracks from North Shore up to where it turns commercial again up Beckley and the city never put up a rezoning sign for the community. Does anyone have any city connections to have this looked into? Google Map 120 Brookhaven, Dallas TX and view the satellite image of how large an area this is. How can people get away with destroying areas of Oak Cliff like this, McCommas Bluff and the pigs blood in the creek. Any city, state contacts our neighbors can contact would be greatly appreciated.

Low-Rise Member
    From Google Maps, the area is sizeable and with the City of Dallas code for not cutting down mature trees how can someone get by with this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mid-Rise Member
    You should contact the city and find out what is going on. Only then can you determine if the people behind the project have met their obligations.

Uptown - McKinney Ave
    Yes, definitely contact the city and the appropriate city council person ASAP.

Low-Rise Member
    More of our great visionary Mayor's plans for 're-developing' all that wasted empty land south of the Trintiy. Walmarts and shitty carlots for all. Oh yes. And strip centers full of dynamic national chains. Are we lucky or what?

Mid-Rise Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metrosteve View Post
    More of our great visionary Mayor's plans for 're-developing' all that wasted empty land south of the Trintiy. Walmarts and shitty carlots for all. Oh yes. And strip centers full of dynamic national chains. Are we lucky or what?
    I'm going to assume you didn't contact the city in the 18 minutes between my post and your followup post.

I'm gong to further conjecture that whatever is happening has nothing to do with Mike Rawlings.

Thread Information