Thread: Local indie station KTAQ-TV bought out, calls changed to KTXD-TV

Metropolist-in-the-making jrd1964's Avatar

Local indie station KTAQ-TV bought out, calls changed to KTXD-TV

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/ne...-acquired.html
    http://www.dfw.com/2012/01/19/564850...f-dfws-tv.html
    http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2...tes-dallas-buy
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lon...ion-2012-01-19

London Broadcasting, based in Addison, has been on quite the acquisition spree. They bought the CBS station in Tyler/Longview (as well as the CW station there later on), the ABC-NBC station in Beaumont, the NBC station in Waco-Temple, and the ABC station in Corpus Christi, all before buying Ch. 47. London intends to flip the main 47.1 channel to MeTV (www.metvnetwork.com), a new channel that has not been represented in DFW before now.

Frank Lloyd Wright Member
    Me TV is great stuff. When visiting relatives over holidays I saw a Naked City with Robert Duvall and another one with George C. Scott. 12 O Clock High, That Girl, The real Fugitive. It amazes me when people watch the Wire, Sopranos, Glee or 30 Rock and the like and think the style is original. People have been doing the same stuff for 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mjblazin View Post
    Me TV is great stuff.
    word

This afternoon, KTXD's main 47.1 channel flipped to MeTV, with an additional 47.4 channel in a lower-res version of MeTV. Engineers from other TX stations owned by London have been in town the last several days working on KTXD's master control, signal, PSIP, and other technical issues. I've heard from a couple of them that there will still need to be tweaking in the coming days/months; one viewer reported earlier today on Radio-Info.com that Verizon Fios is showing the station's audio, just not the video.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd1964
    This afternoon, KTXD's main 47.1 channel flipped to MeTV, with an additional 47.4 channel in a lower-res version of MeTV. Engineers from other TX stations owned by London have been in town the last several days working on KTXD's master control, signal, PSIP, and other technical issues. I've heard from a couple of them that there will still need to be tweaking in the coming days/months; one viewer reported earlier today on Radio-Info.com that Verizon Fios is showing the station's audio, just not the video.
    It is about time. My DVR has been trying to record That Girl and Peter Gunn for over a week. Why do they still have the religious programs after midnight? That is when the good stuff like Naked City, 12 o'Clock High, and the Fugitive are on in other cities. At least I get my I Spy and Saint jones taken care of on 52 after midnight.

Mile-High Skyscraper Member rantanamo's Avatar
    Now that we finally got MeTV, maybe we can finally get BounceTV.

I discovered that after midnight Direct TV channel guide shows 47.1, not the 47.4 that is MeTV. The programs are there. You just have to use the time feature, not program name, to set DVR. Now I get daily doses of The Saint, I Spy, That Girl, Peter Gunn, Combat, and 12 O'Clock High. Still keeping up hope for Naked City. If you want to see where the film and TV stars of 70's and 80's did early work, that is the place.

Use a channel web page to get the schedule for 47.4. Green Hornet marathon today in honor of St. Patrick. Not for me, but you get to see Bruce Lee as Kato vs. that Seth Rogen thing that ran through the theaters.

I think the technicians still need to do some tweaking, probably in the MeTV feed to station. Seeing some momentary freezes in digital pictures.

I've noticed that although KTXD-TV was carrying the ME-TV schedule early-morning Saturday (4:30 AM), it's been switching to religious programs & infomercials at 11:30 PM until sometime late morning or early afternoon. Does anyone know if this programming will be permanent with this station. I'd love to have ME-TV 24/7, especially since my U-Verse program directory is showing the full ME-TV schedule on ch. 47.

Quote Originally Posted by jehobden View Post
    I've noticed that although KTXD-TV was carrying the ME-TV schedule early-morning Saturday (4:30 AM), it's been switching to religious programs & infomercials at 11:30 PM until sometime late morning or early afternoon. Does anyone know if this programming will be permanent with this station. I'd love to have ME-TV 24/7, especially since my U-Verse program directory is showing the full ME-TV schedule on ch. 47.
    I haven't been able to find out definitively, but it could be that there were maybe contractual obligations with any religious shows/infomercials/etc from before the station was bought/flipped that need to be shown the last of (?) ... if I run into any more company execs or engineers I'll ask them.

It seems they may have done some fixes to the feed from ME as the gaps are a lot less frequent. I still want my Naked City, Twelve O' Clock High, and Honey West. I got a glimmer last weekend, but want the good stuff. They could start by updating their web page.

According to D's FrontBurner, KTXD/47 is going to try their hand at a new daily morning news/commentary show:

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/201...th-jeff-brady/

Jeff Brady (ex-WFAA/8), will anchor The Texas Daily, while several others (mostly other ex-Ch.8 anchors/reporters) will be contributors, including:
    Tracy Rowlett, Robert Riggs, Midge Hill, Phyllis Watson, John Criswell, Suzie Humphreys, Troy Dungan, Scott Murray, and Gary Cogill. The Texas Daily is supposed to debut in September.

I wish consumers actually got to chose what TV stations they pay to watch. It's like, the agreements between less than 10 Fortune 500 companies decide what is available. When is cable TV going to be really deregulated? anyway....

They need to dump those faith healers that start after Perry Mason. I go to Mass and believe in miracles, but not people actually tossing away their crutches each weeknight at 11:37 PM or God writing/mailing $10,000 checks. The main guy has admitted to fraud several times over decades of broadcasting. The other one is the oil you rub on to make your bank account grow. Why cannot that stuff move down to 47.2 channel and have the 47.1 carry the good stuff? Or have the cable/satellite feeds be the 47.2? I can understand the station may have had some contracts done by previous owners with these churches. It has been 6 months.

mjblazin, I read yer post an I agree whole heartedly. I had a similar situation wherein my grandmother was smuggling money to both ole Robert Tilton and Jim an Tammy Faye years ago.

In regards to Perry Mason, I used to love it how he could always find a way to cast doubt in any situation .

Thread Information