Thread: Amazing Views of Downtown Dallas, Uptown and other areas from the Air Flybys

Amazing Views of Downtown Dallas, Uptown and other areas from the Air Flybys

Downtown Dallas from the Air

Here are some different videos capturing Dallas from an angle most donít see everyday. Hope yall enjoy them.

I going to initially put four up as I go through other videos and find different angles.

Video 1: (I like the one the best!) DAL Continental Express ERJ-145 Landing with Clear View of Downtown & Uptown Dallas Dusk

Altitude at flyby Downtown 1,200 to 1,000 ft

The first video starts as we approach Reunion Tower. This was taking at dusk. You get an amazing view of Downtown and Uptown Dallas. One of the best and most clear shots I was able to take as we land on 31R. A landing at Dallas Love Field on a Continental Express Embraer ERJ-145. At the end you will also get a good view of the Continental Airlines gates at Dallas Love Field.

http://youtu.be/uW18PxPv43Q

Video 2: DAL Northwest CRJ & Continental Express ERJ-145XR Take-off Dallas Embraer

Altitude at flyby Downtown 5,000 ft

Scroll to 1:45 to start seeing development. First thing you will see is the DART Green line, then Uptown and Downtown. A rare Northwest Airlines (Delta) CRJ landing at Dallas Love Field and a Continental Express ERJ-145XR take-off. with a fly over of Uptown and Downtown Dallas.

http://youtu.be/D6ouhJjpSTo

Video3: Continental Express ERJ-145 Fly Over Downtown Dallas in Early Morning

Altitude at flyby Downtown 7,000 ft

Here is Downtown Dallas in the early morning hours as seen from a Continental Express ERJ 145 which departed Dallas Love Field. The Skyline is all lit up! There is the Green Building -- Bank of America , Reunion Tower-- the ball, Renaissance Tower, -- the building with the x aka Blockbuster Headquarters, and Thanksgiving Tower the building with the blue/violet lights on top.

http://youtu.be/wUIC2cL-MJc

Video 4: Downtown Dallas at Night from 20000 Feet Continental Airlines 737-800 Boeing

Altitude at flyby Downtown 20,000 ft

Downtown Dallas at night as seen from a Continental Airlines 737-800 at 20,000 feet as we fly by. Notice at 1:20 the Reunion Tower Ball is flashing. You can clearly see where the Trinity River as it is the place with no lights.

http://youtu.be/t4HiQd8mXUM

^ Sweet!

Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Carter
    ^ Sweet!

Thanks for posting this.
    Thanks!!! I will add more as I go through my videos.

Video 5: Fort Worth From 34,000 Feet on Continental Airlines 737-500 First Class Boeing

Altitude at Flyby Downtown Fort Worth 34,000 ft

For people in Fort Worth. Here is the City of Fort Worth from up in the air. It's doesn't appear very large from 34,000 feet. We fly over the entire city of Fort Worth in a couple of minutes. Taken from the First Class cabin of a Continental Airlines 737-500 as we fly over the City of Fort Worth. You will see Downtown Fort Worth and Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base. Just to the left of the base are some big buildings. This is Lockheed Martin and where the F22 are built. Also all the freeways are clearly visible as well as the Trinity River.

Thanks for sharing!

Supertall Skyscraper Member NThomas's Avatar
    Really enjoying these posts. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NThomas
    Really enjoying these posts. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbump Joey
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for the comments. I will post more as I find them in my video collection.

Video 6
    DAL HD Continental Q400 Dash 8 Connection Landing at Dallas Love Field Night Bombardier DHC8

Altitude at Flyby Downtown Dallas 4,000 ft

Continental Connection Bombardier DHC8 Q400 operated by Colgan Air landing at Dallas Love Field at night.We fly by downtown Dallas, Uptown Dallas, Cedar Springs and parallel Cedar Springs drive before touch down. I have Sandy as the Flight Attendant again! She does the best announcements!

Skyscraper Member
    Hmmm... what part of "turn off and stow all electronic equipment" did you not understand?

:-)

Supertall Skyscraper Member NThomas's Avatar
    Keep them coming! Watching these never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
    Hmmm... what part of "turn off and stow all electronic equipment" did you not understand?

:-)
    I'm talking on my cell phone so I never hear that part of the announcement. jk I'm also a pilot and know that the whole electronic device thing is an pointless rule. Digital cameras do not interfere with flight controls. (I do support no cell phone use during flight). Also I often wonder what makes other electronic devices magically safer above 10,000 ft. Continenral also beams 95 plus channels of live Direct TV to its planes. CO makes you turn off your cell phone when the door is closed but it is okay to use as soon as you land The rules are stupid and have no rhyme or reason. If these items interfered with aircraft, planes would be falling out the sky left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by NThomas View Post
    Keep them coming! Watching these never gets old.
    Thanks I got another I will upload soon where we fly over north Dallas and I will point out a lot of landmarks as we land.

Video 7
    DAL HD Great View of Downtown Dallas Continental Express ERJ-145 Take-off Early Morning Embraer

Altitude at Flyby Downtown Dallas 7,000 ft

New additions to the Downtown Dallas Skyline include The Museum Tower, Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge and Convention Center Hotel which can all be seen in this video. This is a Continental Express Embraer ERJ-145 take-off out of Dallas Love Field in the early morning. This video has great views of Downtown and Uptown Dallas all lit up. All the major buildings in Downtown Dallas can be seen as well as the new construction mentioned above.

Last edited by CO777DAL; 02 April 2012 at 12:44 AM.

Video 8: 3D DAL HD Continental United CRJ-200 Express Landing at Dallas Love Field Great Views Bombardier

Altitude at Flyby Cityplace/West Village Dallas less than 1,500 ft

This is an other stunning 3D video!!! In this video you will see the Cotton Bowl in 3D, Cityplace Tower as we fly over it in 3D, the West Village and the condo towers in Turtle Creek. (** Again if you don't have a 3D phone, TV, or monitor watch it in 2D in 720p, which is very clear**). I think the best part was seeing Cityplace in 3D. We fly right over it. This is a United Express CRJ-200 dba (doing business as) as Continental Express as we land at Dallas Love Field.

** NOTE** You need to click on the video to go to YouTube page to turn 3D on as 3D is only supported on YouTube channel. Also on the YouTube page it will also get rid of the double screen when you turn off 3D if you don't have 3D. What I'm say is the only way to correct watch 3D content is on YouTube page as it is not transferring right on here.

Last edited by CO777DAL; 12 September 2011 at 07:42 PM.

^ That's really cool. Rare to get to approach like that this time of year with a north wind. I don't have 3d glasses. First time I have seen that, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperITL View Post
    ^ That's really cool. Rare to get to approach like that this time of year with a north wind. I don't have 3d glasses. First time I have seen that, cool.
    Thanks! 3D is amazing if you can see it. I amazed every time I watch these videos in 3s and how everything stands out. I have flown over Cityplace a few times but this was the lowest. I find they were flying lower than normal. This was a United Express crew and they are not use to flying into DAL like ExpressJet. Also we landed way down the runway. Almost use the whole runway in a CRJ-200.

Skyscraper Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CO777DAL View Post
    I have flown over Cityplace a few times but this was the lowest. I find they were flying lower than normal. This was a United Express crew and they are not use to flying into DAL like ExpressJet.
    I've noticed the same thing. I wonder why. I saw a WN 737 coming in over downtown a few days ago that from my perspective went behind Fountain Place. That is *low*.

Video 9
    DAL HD United CRJ-200 dba Continental Landing With Amazing View of Downtown Dallas

Altitude at Flyby of Downtown Dallas 2000 feet.

This video has amazing views of Downtown Dallas. It shows the new Omni Dallas Convention Center Hotel all lit up. You can also see the lights in the Museum Tower as well as the colors of the different Dallas highrises can be seen. This is a United Express CRJ-200 dba Continental Express landing at Dallas Love Field. Skywest CRJ-200 flights have been a little troubling to me by the late touch downs at DAL. They have been using more of the runway than ExpressJet ERJ-145 and Colgan Q400. Almost the whole runway each time, BUT this flight takes the cake!!! THEY USED THE WHOLE RUNWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never before have I ever been on a flight that used the whole runway while landing at Dallas Love Field. Are we going to end up in Bachman Lake next time??? They need to touch down sooner and not float as much! I also notice on final we were too high! Crazy I fly in and out of Dallas love Field so much that I notice right away that we were too high. Dallas Love Field is not Denver. They don't have long runways and there is no room for a over run at Dallas Love Field.

Last edited by CO777DAL; 05 March 2012 at 08:26 PM.

Perpetual Amateur
    Hm, now low doesn't sound so bad. For the last third of that video you were out in the boondocks again.

Low-Rise Member

Video 10
    DAL HD Continental Q400 Dash 8 Connection Landing at Dallas Love Field Bombardier DHC8 Sunset

Altitude at Flying over Dallas Less than 5000 feet

This video has really good views. Itís a different view of Dallas. This is mostly North Dallas. I narrate what we are flying over as we make our way over North Dallas to land at Dallas Love Field. You will see White Rock Lake, Flag Pole Hill, Lake Highlands, Lake Highlands Town Center, Lake Highlands High School, Park Lane Place, Central, Shopping Centers at Preston Royal and Forest, Tollway, Jesuit, Preston Hollow, Brookhaven, Farmers Branch, 635, and Stemmons Corridor. This is a Continental Connection Bombardier DHC8 Q400 operated by Colgan Air Landing at Dallas Love Field Airport in Dallas Texas.

Video 11
    DAL HD Continental Q400 Landing With Downtown Dallas & Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge at Love Field

Altitude at Flyby Downtown Dallas 2000ft

This is a Continental Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 landing at Dallas Love Field. You will get a good view of Downtown Dallas, the Margert Hunt Hill Bridge, Museum Tower, the Deck Park, Uptown Dallas, and Turtle Creek area.

Video 12
    DAL HD Continental Express ERJ-145XR Landing Storms Dallas Love Field Embraer New Winglets

Altitude Flying over North Dallas Less than 5000 ft

Here we are landing on a stormy day in Dallas. We were dogging thunderstorms the whole way from Houston to Dallas. I love it. It was a fun flight like a roller coaster at Six Flags. I hate those smooth flights. I point out everything such at 4:00 White Rock Lake, 4:40 Park Lane Place, 4:42NorthPark Center and major streets as we fly over North Dallas on our way to Dallas Love Field. This is a Continental Express ERJ-145XR with new winglets. I

Video 13
    DAL HD First New United CRJ-700 First Class Take-Off Dallas Love Field Express Bombardier Great Views of Downtown Dallas lit up in the early Morning plus Margret Hunt Hill Bridge & Onmi Hotel

Altitude Flying over Downtown Dallas less than 5000 ft

There is a great view of Downtown Dallas at 2:40! (EDIT: make sure to watch in HD 720P. Also at 2:40 to the end is Downtown and at 3:50 to end you get a really good view of City of Dallas all lit up.) So this is big news for me!!! I have been flying out of Dallas Love Field since 1998 on Continental Airlines and this is the First time they have P. ever offered First Class service out of Dallas Love Field. This is a New United Express Bombardier CRJ-700 operated by SkyWest First Class take-off out of Dallas Love Field. This was on Dallas to Houston. Because the CRJ-700 climbs faster than the ERJ or CRJ it was a different view of Dallas. Also you will see the Margret Hunt Hill Bridge lit for the first time in my videos, and the Omni can also be seen. It was a clear morning and I was able to get great views of Downtown Dallas and the city lights.

Last edited by CO777DAL; 12 July 2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Added HD and more notes on the video

Video 14
    DAL HD Beautiful United Express ERJ-145LR Take-Off Dallas Love Field Early Morning Embarer

Altitude Flying over Downtown Dallas less than 5000 ft

Make sure to watch in HD.

Haven't done one of these in a while. This is in 1080P, First you will see the new terminal and if you look closely you will see a Southwest plane that has a white fuselage. The Museum Tower is done, you can see the Omni Hotel with all the lights and a great view of Downtown Dallas. This is a United Express Embarer ERJ-145LR operated by ExpressJet taking-off at Dallas Love Field with winglets.

Low-Rise Member
    HBO Archives: HD Aerial Collection - Dallas, Texas:

DAL HD Amazing View United Express ERJ-145 Landing Dallas Love Field Airport Embraer

Altitude Flying over Downtown Dallas less than 2000 ft

Make sure to watch in HD.

Video after new FAA regulations has AWESOME views of Downtown and Uptown Dallas as we land on Runway 31R at Dallas Love Field. At 5:20 there are great views of the new terminal. It was very bumpy and we were all over the place as we landed. There was a strong cross wind as the whole plane would blow sideways then pilots have to get us back line up with the runway.At 6:40 you will see a Southwest Airlines take-off out my window.

Nice, I never get to see that view as I almost always fly out of DFW these days.

Thread Information