PDA

View Full Version : Tornado! 2012

Haretip
03 April 2012, 03:21 PM
Looks like this is going to be one of those days when you will remember where you were and what you were doing.

BigT3x
03 April 2012, 03:54 PM
Looks like this is going to be one of those days when you will remember where you were and what you were doing.
Eh. It's not exactly the moon landing or 9/11.

Haretip
03 April 2012, 04:18 PM
My memories of the downtown Fort Worth tornado 12 years ago are as vivid as the day it happened. I think when the toll is tallied, this day will be worthy of a thread.

CNN.com has footage of the trailers flying through the air on their homepage.

CasperITL
03 April 2012, 05:30 PM
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7775/tornadoa.jpg

That's the Flying J/ Schneider International depot on I-20.

I think Dallas set their own one day record for the most times turning the sirens on and off. In Downtown, I did not see any hail, high winds or anything bad. Just rain.

homeworld1031tx
03 April 2012, 06:57 PM
I'm not in town but heard things from friends all over the metroplex about things being pretty bad. My mom works at the VA which is pretty much in Lancaster so I was kind of worried. Lucky no one got hurt! My friend said his car got pretty bad hail damage though which is a bummer since he bought it new less than 4 months ago

Bhops
03 April 2012, 07:12 PM
One of the girls has a house in Lancaster (that she rents as a Section 8)... her tenant called and said the front facade of her house fell off. I'll get the full report later.

Bhops
03 April 2012, 08:50 PM
Hope Justin is out getting photos... pretty awesome sunset after the storm.

dfwcre8tive
03 April 2012, 10:12 PM

I was in a factory in W Fort Worth so well insulated we didn't even know there were storms. When we finally had phone reception, I learned about the storms that already passed. Oops.

BC_Club
04 April 2012, 05:33 PM
Worthwhile endeavor!!

https://www.facebook.com/TexasTornadoPets